Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Free Bird ushers in 'The Three Musketeers'

Long time no post huh? So much action happening all around and so little time to blog! I hope this little entry will reverse the trend forever.

One of my recent "short term goals" was to set up a small aquarium at my company accommodation. I don't know what prompted this ... maybe the aquarium shop that I saw while traveling by bus the other day at Kurla must have triggered the absolutely stupendous idea!

When an idea is formed, you should implement it immediately, especially if you are a 'first-gear-person' like me, who loses interest in things as they get routine and predictable. Wasting no time, I found out a few aquariums at Borivali through the amazing device called internet. Bought a bowl for 250, a kg of white stones for 50 and three goldies for 60, even though my finances had hit the rock bottom and I vowed not to spend anything for the month. (Some things are special though!)

The Red Orunda Goldfish, The Black Moor and The Red Cap Orunda - The three musketeers thus became roommates with the Free Bird. A pictorial overview must be immensely helpful:

That's the fish bowl beside my PC



The three musketeers as seen from the top



The side view of the three musketeers



I have been growing pet fishes for more than 10 years and I relish it as much as I savor Astronomy. The gentle movements of these gracious beings provides you an invaluable escape into a delectable new world, where you literally become a Free Bird flying around in blissful ignorance of all the happenings around you - An ultimate stress buster I must say. Everyone should try to maintain one!

1 comment:

  1. lol.. height of joblessness again ? did u name them athos, pothos aramis too? :P

    so its sporadic chirping reloaded eh :).. hope to see more coming.. unlike ur last one that expired long ago..

    ReplyDelete